Re: [RC] Long Time, No Post--ARTHRITIS - Beth Walker

My 25 year old did really well on Adequan. ?To start with (after the loading dose), he was on one shot a month, but after a year we increased it to twice a month. ?Periodically, (about once a year) we would re-do the loading dose. ?

I could tell the difference in how he traveled with the Adequan. ?My vet would drop by every two weeks to give the shot as a courtesy (no call fee), and a few times he got busy and missed. ?If he was more than a week late, I could tell the difference, and would call up to check -- sure enough, he was late with the Adequan shot, so I was very confident that it really was making a difference.

Your results may (probably will) vary, depending on where the arthritis is. ?Some horses respond really well, others don't. ? Excercise also helped with my fellow -- a gradual increase. ?The more we did, the better his arthritis got. ?