[RC] Tevis Webcast Update - TypeF \(Jackie Floyd\)

Well, after only getting 2 hours of sleep from Fri. morning 5:30 until Sun. morning 7:30 (couldn't sleep friday night, NOT helpful) I managed to get the webcast up in pretty good working order for the most part.

The Top 20 query decided to malfunction, even though we'd tested it and had it running before the event so I had to scratch that and just refer people to the individual vet check reports until we had finishers.

There was a paperwork scuffle at the finish line which screwed everything up for about two hours and it took us until 7:00 a.m. Sunday to unscramble. After that, I went to bed!

One thing odd that happened was I got about a dozen emails telling me they thought it was REALLY stupid to have 2006 stats up there when were in the middle of the 2007 ride. Try as I might, I am unable to find ANY 2006 links on the site except the 2006 photos page, which has no menu on it on purpose so people couldn't accidentally end up on an old 2006 page.

I replied to most of those emails and they have been uanble to duplicate the problem. If anyone else has any insite, I'd certainly appreciate it so I can fix whatever it is that sent them there.

I would like to publicly thank my husband for sitting with me all night and reading me the radio reports so that I could get the data typed in faster. Without him, I couldn't have done it. I put in over 2300 entries throughout the ride and went through the steps to get it out of the database sometimes 10 times an hour, which was a big export process to another program, that built the web pages to the specs I had programmed in earlier. Needless to say, I was tired when it was all done.

I would also like to thank my laptop teams out in the field for doing such a wonderful job of handling the situations that arose for them in the internet connection problems and getting the reports to me in as timely a fashion as they possibly could. The logistics of getting all these reports in through laptop forms and radio transmissions is unbelievably complex. Volunteers to be thanks for laptop operations are: Heidi Schiavone (and crew), Liz Carey, Steve Anderson, Bruce Baldwin and D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson.

Karen Chaton and her crew (Sue Benson, Tinker Hart, Julienne Rha and Steve Hallmark) handled the photo and video part of the webcast and were everywhere all the time. I haven't had a chance to look at the photos or videos but I know what a tough job it is and I wanted to thank them all publicly for staying up all night to make sure the folks at home got to "be there" also.

Back to my regularly scheduled program of magazine layout today and it will be a busy day!

:) Jackie Floyd