Re: [RC] Tevis winners - Dana B.

Patty P <desertridingal@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Thank you. That explains it. I felt that men should be winning this because men are still, in fact, stronger than women.

You have to be very careful when you are throwing around statistics.  For instance, just doing a quick count, 35% of those starting this year's Tevis were men.  They represented 27% of the finishers.

By my count 45% of the winners historically have been men.  I suspect if you did a historical analysis results similar to this year would ensue since back in the early years 70% of Tevis starters were probably not women.

It takes so much more to win (or finish) Tevis than physical strength.  I suspect that an indepth statistical analysis could possibly conclude men might even be at a disadvantage given their weight and height.

I don't know that it so much takes superior strength to win Tevis as much as preparation, planning, toughness, luck, and sheer determination.  Having a great horse doesn't hurt either.

Dana Baldwin

ddbpaso@xxxxxxxxx

Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.