Re: [RC] Tyron case and fines-your opinions.... - Beth Walker

My first question is -- how do you enforce the penalty? ? ?If the rider doesn't pay, are they then banned from competing? What about riders for whom the penalty is actually a financial hardship, or who can't pay all at once? ?Do you set up a payment plan? ?Who tracks/administers that?

I believe the current policy is to (at the boards' discretion) require participation as a vet secretary, or some other staff position for a certain time or number of rides, or require riding with a mentor, etc. ?in an effort to correct the problem through education. ?I think that policy has a better chance of correcting the root cause better than a financial penalty would. ?