[RC] Tyron case and fines-your opinions.... - Horseraser

After careful examination of the parties' submissions and evidence, the Tribunal confirmed the disqualification of horse and the competitor from the above-mentioned event and imposed the following sanctions on the competitor:

  • suspension from competition for a period of two months (to commence immediately and without further notice at the end of the 30-day appeal deadline, or sooner if the right of appeal is waived);
  • a fine of 1,000 Swiss francs ($833);
  • a cost contribution of 1,500 ($1,249) towards the legal costs of the judicial procedure.
I really like the idea of charging the rider with a financial penalty-don't you all think that this would be a great add on to our own rules?
Your opinions would be greatly appreciated