From: "Smith, Dave" <dsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Abuse or Poor Judgment?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 09:30:18 -0700

Seems to me that a lot of folks are second-guessing those who officially
reviewed the riders' action and are ignoring the tribunal's findings
when they condemn the rider for alleged abuse.  The tribunal did charge
her with poor judgment - a far different thing than "abuse."  I can only
imagine how terrible this woman must feel, knowing that her poor
judgment led to the death of her horse.  While we each have a right to
our opinion on the matter, we also have the responsibility that if we
plan to state our opinion in public, it should be based on facts.  And
unless we actually sat on the tribunal, it is highly unlikely we are
privy to all the facts. To conclude that the rider abused her horse, you
must also conclude that the tribunal was either incompetent in its
investigation, or that it purposefully is lying about the facts of the
case.