[RC] Abuse or Poor Judgment? - Smith, Dave

Seems to me that a lot of folks are second-guessing those who officially reviewed the riders' action and are ignoring the tribunal's findings when they condemn the rider for alleged abuse.  The tribunal did charge her with poor judgment - a far different thing than "abuse."  I can only imagine how terrible this woman must feel, knowing that her poor judgment led to the death of her horse.  While we each have a right to our opinion on the matter, we also have the responsibility that if we plan to state our opinion in public, it should be based on facts.  And unless we actually sat on the tribunal, it is highly unlikely we are privy to all the facts. To conclude that the rider abused her horse, you must also conclude that the tribunal was either incompetent in its investigation, or that it purposefully is lying about the facts of the case.