Re: [RC] Ear Nets - rides2far

When gnats are bad I have used the cheap crocheted ear nets.  Also
spray the
nets with fly spray.  Seems to work just fine.

Those look really hot to me, and they also cover the poll, which is a
very good area for cooling. I know you guys don't always have access to
tree branches, but I carry a nice long branch with a tuft of leaves at
the end and just keep a steady stroke going swishing everything away when
we're going slow, since my horse sweats the fly repellant off once we're
going (or I sponge it off). I do like WIPE for the ears if anything.

The other day I was walking Kaboot during our warm up and a swinging my
limb around keeping flies off when a horse fly landed just behind the
saddle and I was swinging above it. Kaboot sort of swung his nose around
like to say something but kept walking, I kept swinging. He turned his
head sort of like he was motioning towards his rump again, I just keep
swinging above it. Finally he stopped dead, turned his nose around and
practically pointed at it and I killed it. I swear he rolled his eyes and
sighed and kept walking. Josie said, "Mom, you and Kaboot have been
together *too* long. >g<

Angie McGhee
http://www.lightersideofendurance.com
Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they
bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.