Re: [RC] surge brakes - Sisu West Ranch

I pulled a 2 horse with surge brakes for 20 years.  If you properly maintain them (actually easier than electric and bonus that any auto mechanic can fix), they work fine.

The only difference is to remember that if you need to panic stop, push the truck brakes easy for a second or two.  You will then feel the trailer start to brake and you can stand on the tow vehicle brakes.

I suspect that they are mostly only seen on boat trailers these days is that electric brakes are cheaper.  (Boat trailers need non electric brakes because they are immersed in water all the time).

I wish my current trailers had them.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road