Re: [RC] Pan Ams - John Teeter

On Jul 22, 2007, at 11:49 AM, Steph Teeter wrote:

Endurance in Europe is? much more serious, or sophisticated, than in SA, or even USA.

An opinion of course. and WAY too broad IMO. Endurance in France is (currently) at the top of the world (as exemplified by WEC competitions) and the organization of the sport in France is compelling (with multiple foci on young horses, young riders, and the breadth of the sport in the country (same level of participation (@6000)? as US with 10% of the population base). But judging all countries in balance it seems to me that Europe and SA and NA and asiaPacific are all pretty much focused on being competitive, albeit with different levels of success.?

I'd hate to think that Peter Toft is any less serious or sophisticated than Mercedes Topia or Jean Luc Francis or ...?

jt