From: "Paul Sidio" <Paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [RC]   Tucker Saddles
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 00:08:16 -0600

Last week somebody asked about Tucker Saddles.

I have used one the past two years and got along ok with it. My saddle expertise is limited, so a couple of years ago when my existing saddles didn't fit my new horse, I hauled him to the tack store and started slapping saddles without pads on his back. One of the Tucker saddles fit very well. I ride in hilly country without a breast collar or cruper and wanted a saddle that stayed put without over girthing.

One small issue I have had is that this model has western center fire rigging that has the rings hanging low. My skinny 800 lb Arab has to have a 24 inch girth, and it is pulled almost all the way up to the buckles.

The other issue I have is the weight. It weighs about 28 pounds. I am trying out some lighter different saddles this year. My AERC number calls me a Middleweight, and this year it would be nice to actually be one. My goal is to lighten my horses load by about 30 pounds. I figured that losing 10 pounds of tack will be the easy part.

I have several friends that also use the Tucker Endurance Equitation model, and they are well pleased. The saddles are well made. As with any saddle, it is important to get the model with the tree that fits your horse.

Paul N. Sidio
Spokane MO.