From: sherman
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 8:25 PM
Subject: [RC] Beet Pulp

I don?t ?soak? the beet pulp at all. I feed different horses different amounts, my hardest worker gets about 6 -8 cups dry measured, then I add his oats, selenium and biotin, and about 3 quarts of water to make it juicy. By the time I put his hay in a muck bucket & walk across to his paddock, the beet pulp has already started absorbing the water & it is now more like sloppy oatmeal. He eats it all in about 30 minutes. It might make a difference in the type of beet pulp you use. I use shredded beet pulp.

Kathy