[RC] Beet Pulp - sherman

I don’t “soak” the beet pulp at all. I feed different horses different amounts, my hardest worker gets about 6 -8 cups dry measured, then I add his oats, selenium and biotin, and about 3 quarts of water to make it juicy. By the time I put his hay in a muck bucket & walk across to his paddock, the beet pulp has already started absorbing the water & it is now more like sloppy oatmeal. He eats it all in about 30 minutes. It might make a difference in the type of beet pulp you use. I use shredded beet pulp.

Kathy

So how much should I give AJ of the beet pulp. And how long do you soak it for the bag said 2 hours but I thought most people soaked it longer than that. I am going to add this in to his diet before I add anything else. I am going to switch to Perfect 12 instead of Perfect 10 since it has a little more fat.

Thanks for your help.

Linda