[RC] Swanton Pacific website - Barbara McCrary

Thanks to Mike Maul, who has just spent an enormous amount of time with me on long distance cell phone, the 2007 Swanton Pacific website is on the Internet.  Although my e-mail comes through Wild Blue, for some reason I could not upload the website through them using my user ID and password.  It would not recognize me!   So I bought a temporary membership with my old (dial-up) server, Cruzio, and there Mike and I uploaded the website.  I learned a lot from Mike tonight!

Please log on to http://members.cruzio.com/~bigcreekranch to see our new website and to access a PDF file for the entry blank.  You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to bring up the entry blank and print it.  If you cannot do this, send an e-mail, a fax, or call me and I will mail you an entry.

Just a bit of information here...Lud wanted to drop the 100 mile ride for this year.  I begged for one more year, so that we could celebrate Swanton Pacific's silver anniversary.  As interest in 100 mile rides appears to be waning, with the exception of one or two noted rides, it becomes harder to justify the extra effort and expense to put on the 100 mile ride as well as the 75 miler.  We had only 12 100 mile riders last year.

It's hard to believe it's been 25 years since the two of us went out into the remote back country looking for trail.  What we found was nowhere as well defined as it is today.  We had some wonderful and exciting adventures in the process of establishing the trail and maintaining it from year to year, and due to various changes in ownership of land, changes in attitude of land owners, or safety of the trail route, we have changed the route several times.  We love this trail, but we are getting older and are tiring more easily.  This is likely to be the last time we will offer the 100 miler.  If you ever wanted to ride Swanton Pacific 100, this is the year to do it.

Barbara

Barbara McCrary
Ride Mgr., Swanton Pacific 75/100
"The Most Beautiful Trail in the World"