Re: [RC] [RC] International - rides2far

Hi! Since this is all true then why have we continued to decline on
an  International level

Did you all read Courney's post about needles, bottles with no labels,
horses taken away and you don't know what they did with them?  What he
said about horses not lasting long. Do you realize how hard a horse would
need to train to have the recoveries those horses are having at those
speeds? I've got to say I think our team has been very successful...no
deline in valueing the lives of their mounts...no decline in perspective
on what this sport is really about.

If one person manages to get one  horse fit enough, and does things that
aren't admirable to get him that way, but wins a gold...does that mean
his country is *better*? How the heck does one horse or one person
represent an entire *country's* success, or lack of success or morality
for that matter. Australia has put out some of the best horses anywhere.
They haven't gotten the gold. Other country's have "bought a gold". Who's
successful here?

Look at the riders who represented us. Look at what their horses have
done and are still doing. They are doing a very good job of representing
what I believe endurance riding should be, and I am thrilled they haven't
sold their souls (and their horses') in a quest for "National Pride"
Unfortunately, the stories I've heard about how by accepting a slot on
the team we have "leased" our horses to the governing body are creepy
after hearing Courtney's observations. Is that how we plan to "stop the
decline"? I hope not.

Before you say we aren't successful, make sure you really look at how you
are defining success.

Angie