Re: [RC] Palos Verdes and Rushcreek - martha merriam

So did I - we lived behind the gates so to speak and had horses at home.  We would ride through the Vanderlip property in Portuguese Bend where they had lots of Roman artifacts stored across the hillsides and gather peacock feathers.  Right about this time of year, every day my friends and I would head out with our saddlebags filled with kid-type snacks and just ride everywhere. Sometimes we would ride at night through the warm and cool pockets of air in the canyons.  Shannon Weil was from that area too, however we didn't meet until later on when we were both "Tellington girls."

Karla Watson <karlawatson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I grew up in Palos Verdes and didn't realize how spoiled I was with having those magnificent trails right off our property. Several had tunnels for horses under the busy streets (Crenshaw & Hawthorne) and many of them led to several nice public riding rings that anyone could ride in. We would ride trails to a ring, then go in and jump some jumps, then go down the trail again. I lived by the General Store and if you rode from there to behind the gates way up to the top, it was quite a long climb. Our horses were SO fit! Sadly, I have heard that many horse people have moved out and they are talking about getting rid of most of those trails and riding rings.
---------Karla/now in Oregon
People don't realize what great riding there is in Palos Verdes. We knew
of nearly 50 miles of different trails. They are still there and you CAN
find parking some places....

Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.