Re: [RC] Horse death/permission to treat at Big Horn - Sisu West Ranch

When we left some of our horses home for two months last winter we left the following release with the people who would be watching the horses:

"

Authorization to Contract for Veterinary Care

During our absence First Person, Second Person, or Third Person are authorized to obtain veterinary care for our horses. While we prefer Name of Clinic, in an emergency any licensed veterinarian may be called.

This authorization specifically includes permission to euthanize a horse, if in the opinion of the Veterinarian this is the proper course of action.

Signed the xx day of Month, 20xx

First Owner Second Owner"*

Ed
*Names changed for obvious reasons.  Usual disclaimers apply: Closed course, professional driver, your results may vary, not a lawyer, etc.

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640