[RC] Pacing - Buzzard's Roost

I think this question is for me... and yes, he gaits beautifully, which is kinda odd because I trot and canter so much he should have forgotten how!  He's a nice mover though and it's just so natural for him, he ALWAYS gaits when he's excited or nervous.  It's his default.  I once entered a competition in the non-gaited category because when I pictured running through the course, I imagined trotting it in this nice controlled manner, but when he got there he was so excited all he could do was gait!  We ended up fighting about it the whole time just to keep from getting disqualified!  Next time, we'll compete gaited for sure.

Now don't ask me to explain why I trot a beautifully gaited horse.  I probably can't adequately answer that one.  His trot is heavenly though.  & his trot paces him almost exactly with his 1/2 Arab riding buddy's canter.  So it works.

Karen Sullivan <greymare56@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hm....since he can both trot and pace......can he GAIT?

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?