[RC] Sagebrush & Cedar - Carla Richardson

Betty and Ken Wolgram put on a wonderful ride for us in northwestern Colorado, the Sagebrush and Cedar.  It was as close to perfect as I could want -- perfect terrain (NO rocks, no hard packed gravel roads, no deep sand), perfectly marked trails, and pretty scenery complete with wildlife - I saw two eagles' nests, a red tail hawk circled overhead for about 10 minutes while I went down the trail at one point, a red fox flitted in the sagebrush showing his (her?) brush, and my horse got to enjoy the cool and clear Yampa River for a drink and splash.

This ride is in danger of being dropped, and I don't know why it doesn't get more riders -- this is truly a hidden "jewel" of a ride for us!  (Come on, Mountain Region riders!)  Betty had dinner ready for us Saturday after the awards, and she even offered to run people to town for a shower if they wanted -- now that's hospitality!  She even made an ice run for anyone needing more ice.

There was no waiting anywhere -- two vets and plenty of pulse-takers made vetting in a joy.  Thank you Mike and Kay, and all the volunteers!  Thanks also to Lee and Gary, the "water boys" who kept the tanks topped up with cool water for our horses, and handing cold water to the riders also -- that was really nice, guys!

Ken and Betty did all of this, just days before they're leaving for Tevis.  So I want to send a BIG THANK YOU to both of them, and to all their crew, for putting on such a nice ride!  And good luck at Tevis -- may the wind be beneath your wings.

(Go Ken!  I'll be cheering you on, sure wish I could go with you guys!)
Carla Richardson
Colorado