From: Karen Lynd
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2007 10:23 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Branding

Is there little pain because the brand is a severe burn (3rd degree), and severe burns cause numbness in the skin and underlying tissue because the nerve endings are damaged or destroyed?  So what actually happens is that the horse is burned so badly that they cannot feel pain in that area?  Second and third degree burns are susceptible to infection and should be watched carefully.

Karen Lynd