From: Valerie Jaques <hammerithot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Ridecamp <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2007 10:52:11 PM
Subject: [RC] Branding

Just a quick note on the subject.  Having assisted with branding of Warmblood horses (I supplied the heat with my forge), I can honestly say that, when properly performed, hot branding causes very little stress and pain for the horse.  It's over quickly, and they forget about it almost immediately.  I observed the branding of both adult mares and youngsters up to yearlings.