[RC] Branding - Valerie Jaques

Just a quick note on the subject.  Having assisted with branding of Warmblood horses (I supplied the heat with my forge), I can honestly say that, when properly performed, hot branding causes very little stress and pain for the horse.  It's over quickly, and they forget about it almost immediately.  I observed the branding of both adult mares and youngsters up to yearlings.