Re: [RC] AERC NC - Tom Sites

OK, i thought so. There is no rule in AERC that says you have to be a USA Citizen (correct me here legal eagles) to compete at the AERC NC? You just have to follow the AERC Rules and so far no one has found it prudent or interestingly enough to do. ts
----- Original Message ----- From: "Truman Prevatt" <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Tom Sites" <goearth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "John Teeter" <johnt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Steph Teeter" <steph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "ridecamp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2007 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: AERC NC

Tom,

I don't believe that there is anything in the AERC rules that states a rider has to be a "citizen" of the US. I don't see problem in what you describe as long as they are a member and have the mileage to qualify.

I just want to see anyone run in Kentucky in August - can you say "make Florida seem like an ice box." It doesn't happen all the time, and the Ohio river valley humidity can be brutal.

Truman

Tom Sites wrote:
JT, Steph and Truman, I find this issue very interesting and i'd like to share my thoughts and leave it to the legal scholars to sort this idea out.
Lets just say that I as a rider from France, UAE, or Jamacia or whatever country you choose, become a Member of AERC. I put my horse into the AERC mileage system and receive a #. Lets also say that being this Member, I follow the rules of AERC and state my Region of Competition (of the USA) by 15 June or so, as the AERC says one must do if one is to change a Region. What say i as a French Team or a UAE Team or any Team set up a PO Box at a Training Facility in lets say Greeley, Colorado. I compete in my Region within the period and fulfill the AERC mileage requirements to become eligible to compete at the NC. Who is to say that as a dues paying Member of AERC stating my Region of Competion, that I as a Member of AERC can not compete at the AERC NC, regardless of my National Citizenship?
I think it could be done if someone was serious enough about it, but so far it has not held the allure of a Championship Event because of its Regional locations and usually the best of the USA is not representated at any one given time.
When the WEC comes to Kentucky and serious competitors come to the USA for maybe a year of training, this plan would work to make it an Open Championship, if they found it a matter they wanted to pursue or else AERC could just make it Open.
Cheers,
ts

--

“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong” Richard Feynman, Nobel Laureate in Physics