[RC] My turn for starting horse questions - rides2far

OK, here's the time table,

Vet will geld 7 year old Tuesday morning. I think he could definitely use
a Panacure Purge too but I'm wondering how much stress to hit him with
how fast?  I gave him a Tetenous Toxoid this morning figuring he hadn't
had one recently, if ever. Linda said she sent wormer for him not *that*
long ago and the lady who gave it to them said they "were eager to eat
it" so he's not been totally without, but has that pot belly look with
ribs.

So, do I buy the boxed set (Purge) or is there a cheaper cheater way
that's just as good? Wait how long after gelding?

I'll be keeping him up in a 12 x 20 stall/corral for a few days. The
other three geldings want nothing to do with him and stay at the other
end of the property unless I lock one up in the next stall to keep him
company (which I'm doing). How long till he can go out with the boys?
Some said a month for all the stupid to get out of his system. Don't want
to turn him out too soon after surgery and risk him hurting himself in
the running, etc. It would be nice to see him trot though. I've *still*
never seen him trot. Boy, sure will be a bummer if he's a cripple! I can
alternate his turnout with theirs but considering he was in a bachelor
herd of stallions and got along fine I was hoping he'd be able to be out
with 3 geldings soon.

This is endurance related because if he hurts Cade or Gunner several ride
managers will lose entries this year. :-/

Angie