[RC] Fireworks Water Crossing - Connie

I did the Fireworks ride (West Region) last year on a horse that hates water so I had to lead him across that darn river crossing.  Got wet up to my mid thigh.  I want to do it again this year on the same horse.  I have been working him in water (3 ft deep pond and shallow creeks) and he is still very hesitant at first approach but with encouragement he eventually goes in willingly.  But I need to work him in a real river situation before I attempt this ride again.  Does anyone know of anyplace to camp and/or stage close to that area?  I would have to drive about 2.5 hrs to get there so it would be nice to camp.

Connie Bennett
Member #M35683