From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of tichenor06
Sent:
Wednesday, July 11, 2007 7:28 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] For Ladies Only - having a back up plan

I would very much so use extra caution when NOT wearing underwear, and tights (or whatever when you ride), or not wearing any underwear at all when doing a sport like ours.

When I had a *very severe* injury on a training / trail ride, I was VERY glad I had underwear on.  They had to remove my tights.  And I will cut to the chase:  I sat on a picnic table for quite some time in my underwear waiting for the paramedics/ambulance.  I of course had somebody help me peel the tights off, and they didn't have to cut off my Endura Cools.  The paramedics were ready though to do so, sissors in hand!  It was like they wore them in a holster like a gun!  Ready to pull them out and cut off my pants, or whatever.  Those tights slipped off like a ripe banana peel, another good thing about tights.  My friend made sure they didn't cut them off.  And there I sat . . . .  in my underwear . . . . on a picnic table.  For me it would have been very embarrassing to remove clothes and have nothing underneath, and be bared butted for everybody to see.  And a sweaty saddle pad would have been itchy I would suspect.

Yes, my undies get sweaty.  They do not rub my arse.  I ride in Tropical Rider Endura Cools, and the tights do wick away the moisture, so they do not get so wet, or not wet at all.  During hot sweaty rides I usually go into the tack room and change socks, shirt, underwear, sometimes even my bra, then I am ready to go out again, nice and dry - ahhhh.  Hey, buy a 1,000 pairs if you have to.  Just have a back up in case somebody has to cut off your pants!  Hey in another incident, rain, I was so wet, I had to wear my husband's boxer shorts and his shirt to drive home.  He wore regualar shorts home, and no shirt.  But we were both dry, and covered.

Laura T

Wishing she had had on some wild colored underwear rather than white ones.  I am ready now, and wear them wild for just such another occasion(which I hope to not have another occasion). And yes I carry back up underwear in my trailer.  Color is a good thing.

Alabama

with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.