Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 8:10 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] the best places to ride

One of the best places we ride has been preserved by Elk Hunters.  They purchased a calving area and graciously allow the public to use it for recreation when the elk are not calving.

Some groups would like everyone to forget that HUNTERS do a tremendous job of conservation.  Billions (that's right billions) of dollars have been raised by the voluntary (that is hunters lobbied hard for it) 10% tax on firearms and ammunition.  I won't even mention ducks or pheasants unlimited.

Yesterday on the radio I heard a commercial for a well known group that was soliciting folk to put their land into a trust to prevent development etc.  The only thing that bothered me was that they specifically mentioned that this would protect the area from (apparently) evil hunters.

Ed

PS.  While I endorse regulated hunting (the only kind we have), aside from scaring a few pheasants I have never hunted.

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640