Re: [RC] Relationship between AERC & USEF & Drug Approval - John Teeter

referenced in Kim's email:

Begin forwarded message:

From: John Teeter <johnt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: July 4, 2007 8:40:44 AM MDT
Subject: Re: [RC] ? [Endurance Riding: News] USEF Approves New Drug for Horses

http://www.endurance.net/channels/2007/07/usef-approves-new-nsaid-equioxx.html

it is a press release from USEF. I THINK the answer is yes, NATIONAL USEF endurance events (of which there has been only 1 ever sanctioned as I recall) would allow the use (they recommend a min 12 hour lead time). and say don't use it within 30 days of an FEI (CEI) event until FEI conducts a review of the drug.

jt