Re: [RC] [RC] galls in front of the girth on a young horse - Maryben Stover

Missed the first part of this discussion but the only experience I had was my mare always getting girth galls.  I used $10 girths and $150 girths made out of every material known to the civilized world to no avail.  Then when I could not ride because of my bad hip, my juniors started riding her and no galls.  The only thing we can figure is that I am a HW, adult and more nervous about slipping saddles and tend to really tighten the girth.  The kids ride with a looser girth.  It is worth a try.................mb