[RC] Does Anybody Know - k s swigart

Diane Trefethen said:

Here is the link to the document detailing the setting
aside of the original ruling:

http://www.horsesport.org/PDFS/FEI/05_02/CAS_2005_A_895.pdf

The Court of Arbitration for Sport rules:
1. The appeal filed by Ms Barbara Lissarague
and Fédération Française d'Equitation on 27 May
 2005 is upheld.
2. The appealed Decision issued on 28 April 2005
by the FEI Judicial Committee is set aside.
3. HH Sheikh Hazza Bin Sultan Bin Zayed Al
Nahyan and the horse Hachim are disqualified
from the FEI Endurance World Championship
held in Dubai on 27 January 2005 and the official
ranking must be rectified consequently by the
Fédération Equestre Internationale.
4. No fine or suspension shall be imposed upon
HH Sheikh Hazza Bin Sultan Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
5. All other motions or prayers for relief are dismissed.

I am well aware that on 27 January 2005 the Organizing Committee of the
ride disqualified Sheikh Hazza...and Hachim before the award ceremonies
for a positive drug test.

I am well aware that on 28 April 2005 the FEI Judicial Committee
overturned that disqualification and awarded first place to Sheikh
Hazza... and Hachim.

And I am well aware that in a ruling on 9 March 2006 the Court of
Arbitration for Sport overturned the ruling of the FEI Judicial
Committee and disqualified Sheikh Hazza... and Hachim.

However, in a post to Ridecamp in late April 2006 with the subject line:

[Endurance Riding: News] Sheikh Hazza bin Sultan al Nahyan (UAE) files
an appeal

Steph Teeter said:

29/04/2006 - Sheikh Hazza bin Sultan al Nahyan
(UAE) files an appeal

The FEI has received notice that Sheikh Hazza bin
Sultan al Nahyan (UAE) has filed an appeal with the
Swiss Federal Supreme Court to the Court of
Arbitration for Sport (CAS) which had disqualified
him as the winner of the 2005 World Endurance
Championship.

Full text is at:

http://www.endurance.net/RideCamp/archives/past/06/17/msg00391.html

It was THIS appeal (not all the rulings before it) to the Swiss Federal
Supreme Court about which Tom Sites and I have a bet.  He was the only
taker in response to my post of:

http://www.endurance.net/RideCamp/archives/past/06/17/msg00422.html

And it is this appeal that I was wondering if anybody knows anything
about the outcome of....so Tommy and I can settle our bet?????

kat
Orange County, Calif.
:)