[RC] Photosensitivity, Sun protection & Repellant - Susan Favro

Photosensitivity: I have a bald face/medicine hat Paint and two years ago I had problems with photosensitivity. I used a hydrocortisone equine dermal cream (T-ZoN) on his snout and he healed up fine.

Sunscreen: I also use VIP Sunscreen on his nose throughout the summer. It’s formulated for use on a horse so it’s safe even if ingested (for example, when he puts his nose in the water to drink). It’s waterproof and has an SPF of 30. It also works on the rider.

Bug Spray: VIP also makes a wonderful repellant that is safe to spray anywhere on the horse (even around the eyes) and is not harmful to breathe the mist (for horse or human). It works on flies, mosquitoes, ticks, etc., etc. It has a nice citrus smell but the bugs hate it. I apply it morning and night by spraying a soft-bristle brush then brushing it on the horse. Using the brush has really helped me conserve on how much bug spray I go through.

We sell all three products T-ZoN, VIP Sunscreen, and VIP Repellant. I’ve been using all three products on my horses for several years and have had on-going excellent results.

…S
Susan Favro
Healthy As A Horse Network
“Innovative effective products for horse and rider”
Official Sponsor: AERC (American Endurance Ride Conference)
US Distributor for Strada Saddles

Phone 406.864.8000
E-mail Susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Online www.HealthyAsAHorse.Net