[RC] Texas rain and hay and mud - Tx Trigger

So, we needed rain, hoping to have a hay crop this year. But, many were just getting ready to bale as this series of rainy days started last week. Fields need to dry long enough to get the tractors and equipment in them without getting stuck, then enough days to get the hay dried, raked, baled, and out of the field. One neighbor got only a few of his round bales done over a week ago, and there they sit, in a pasture with about 2" of water sitting on the surface.  Giant sponges, I'm sure.  I am worried many of our coastal Bermuda field will come to head and "seed" and then the hay is not gonna be that great.  So, at this rate, al this rain might NOT fix the hay situation much in Texas after a few years of drought.

And if you do head to a trail system to ride, consider of your horses are going to tear up the trail, so that the next rain will have erosion take more dirt off the surface. Even out flat trails out in the LBJ Grasslands start to become a giant rut, and mostly it is from riding too soon after a rain.

Jonni