[RC] Flood or drought - Karen Everhart

Here in SE Kansas we can't find our horses due to all the rainfall and resulting abundant grass:-)  Everything is flooded around us - we are built on a hill.  Evacuations are being started due to all the rising waters.  Highways are closed.  This is the wettest spring/summer in history.  For the first weeks of this continual rain we would not bad mouth the moisture, since we had been stuck in a perpetual drought for a couple of years, but this is getting crazy.  Our lake has overflowed the spillway and is ready to go over the dam.  I just hope the dam holds or we will be in a ton of hurt.

The horses are fat and happy, enjoying their life roaming 240 acres of knee high (or higher) grass and not having to do any work (there is no place to ride) but the humans on this ranch are about to go stir crazy.

Anyone have a solution as to how we can "share" some of this rainfall with those in the West and SE who can't seem to get any?

PS - they are predicting continued rain throughout the next three days and we are desperately searching for an convenient supply of Gopher wood.  Thoughts?

Karen Everhart MEd
President
Rainbow Meadows Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com
620-725-3402

Owner/Operator Horse Calls - Equine Management Solutions
Centered Riding Instructor
Distance Horse Conditioning and Training
www.horsecalls.com
316-648-5082