[RC] Beet Pulp - Spottedracer

Since we feed over a dozen head - and just carry two full 5 gallon buckets with scoops out to the buckets hung on fences/shelters.... it's HEAVY enough DRY!!  Can't imagine trying to carry 4 5-gallon buckets with wetted ration.. And you'd be killed by the herds (or they'd kill each other) if you filled just 3-4 feed buckets - then had to go back to carry the rest out for the others....

Just not practical in our situation to feed the mix presoaked 2X per day... We believe in 24/7 turnout - so they have to be fed in herds... The cattle are in a seperate area - and I wait until I get IN their area - then I use trough water to 'lightly wet' the ration right before dumping it into their bowls...

Plus, my endurance mounts won't eat their ration during rides.. They PREFER to try out different 'exotic hays'.. and love the Alfalfa mix I now offer... Keeping them hydrated has never been an issue - since they're all trained to LOVE to wallow in any pond/creek - and drink their fill while wallowing!

- LP