[RC] Poem.... Why I ride another mile - Randy or Cheryl Winter

Some of you may remember this poem from the OLD Trailblazer newspaper years
ago.  I cut it out and still have it and remember WHY I LIKE TO RIDE

Cheryl Winter

Another Mile

Someone once asked me why I go through all the pain
Pounding down the trail for no monetary gain
There is no simple answer to a question of the style
Only the dreams inside me make me ride another mile.

The first ride of the season to the last ride in the fall
And all the in between trails I've memorized them all
My gain was a completion or Grand Champion with a smile
The incentive to ride again and go another mile

The quiet of the morning woods a beauty to behold
The frost is natures diamonds fall colors are her gold
The call of the whippoorwill to the geese flying single file
Just a few of the things that make me do another mile

The distance doesn't matter, one hundred, fifty or twenty five
When I'm moving down the trails I really feel alive
My horse if free and easy the conditioning has been worthwhile
And all my troubles float away as we trot another mile

So when someone asks me if it's worth all the effort and time
I think of all the trails I've seen the hills I've had to climb
Of all the pretty sunsets, friends and accomplishments I've compiled
I made a lot of memories and I've gain- Another mile

Author
Jan Mills Kennedy