[RC] Cost of riding - sherman

Right, it’s not really the cost of fuel, but everything! The fuel is just what’s easy to blame for our woes. 8 years ago I was paying $150 a month during the summer for electricity, now it’s $450 due to the tier pricing, and I rarely use air conditioning, only when it’s over 82 degrees inside. Propane for heat in the winter was $.79 per gal, now it’s $1.50, so it cost around $3-400 to heat per month, with the thermostat down to 60 at night, 67 during the day! Hay was $4 per bale, now it’s $8 or 9. And food has gone up around 30% over the past few years. Shoes that I used to find on sale for $30, are now on sale for $45. And horse shoes have gone up from $50 to $85. I just wish our income would go up proportionately!

So, we have to blame one thing for not being able to go to every ride we want to go to, may as well blame the price of fuel (:>)

Kathy

Yes, the price of gas is up! If that was all that had taken a big jump in price we probly would not be as upsets. BUT with the jump in gas price, Elc. Water, Sewer and food. (my daughter just paid $4.00 for a gal of milk). There is just not the money to go around. MY husband just got his first raise in 5 years 2%. So Yes I buy used, Truck,trailer and horses, my dogs are from the pound.
We all are doing as well as we can. I think all of us are.

So ride when you can; as long as you can. and enjoy being able to do it.
Carol