Re: [RC] [RC] The Cost of Riding/What Stops Us from Going... - SandyDSA

hmmm.. not sure about that issue Frank but from my end, I would never even think of asking to ride along without paying ALL of the gas and also having my own living accommodations, no matter how spare. I would expect the same from anyone else since I can just barely stand MYSELF in the confining quarters I have let alone someone e;se' end-of-the-ride stench; and also, for the privilege of NOT having to maintain a trailer, I consider it barely fair to pay for ALL of the gas. It doesn't matter to me that the trailer owner is "going there anyway". They are the ones who pay for the trailer/rig costs year after year and that obligation requires more from a ride-along than half the cost of gas. In addition, I had one horse kick my trailer almost to pieces a few years back and while the owner SHOULD have paid to have it put back the way it was, they ended up only doing a little minor pounding it back in to place kind of thing - and I will never haul them again for love or money. It also made me reluctant to hauling ANYONE else's horse again, since it seemed like if people HAD the money to properly repair what their horse damaged,, they would likely have their OWN trailer. Bottom line is that it may have nothing to do with your....'tude - but more with the nuisance of having to work within someone else's living and transport predilections, and also the possibility of damage to one's rig which would be a hassle and expense to repair. Just a thought.... from the peanut gallery

Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com

See what's free at AOL.com.