[RC] Electrolytes Cookies Recipe - Chastain, Shannon L.

Title: Electrolytes Cookies Recipe

I have had many request for my electrolytes recipe and to be honest I really don't have one. I just mix up what ever feed I have them on which at this time is Running horse "Cut and Slide, whole oats, BP and BOSS in my flax seed grinder, then I add molasses, ground flax and of course electrolytes. Then I add in what ever I have around the house like carrots, or figs or what ever the wonderful thing is on ridecamp for that time period. Then enough water to make the consistency "right".  My goal is to someday have them turn out like brownies in nice little square, but so far I just have a nice blob that I put in plastic sandwich bags. Doesn't seem to make any difference if I bake them or not so I don't waste the power. If it is hotter then I planed or my horse is sweating more then usual and the vet or I think he needs more then I put in the cookies I just add more to a BP mash.

PS Keep them away from teenage boys I had to supplement with electrolytes in their feed at one ride because two boys ate half my pan of cookies!!! They said they were great just a little salty:-))

Shannon