[RC] RE " Spirt of Excellence" - Paul Sidio

RE " Lost my crew".

No Crew?  No Problem. You can ride without a crew.. I am pretty sure that does not violate any rules, even in FEI:).
You can go Cavalry or send out crew bags to the holds. You might consider semi Cavalry where you carry horse and people stuff for any short holds and gate and go's, and have a crew bag waiting at the longer holds.  Don't worry about not having everything you might possibly need waiting for you.  You can always use the Scarlett O'Hara method and " Depend on the kindness of strangers":)

If this is a ride you have planned and trained for, why miss it just because you don't have somebody to hold your horse while you use the porta potty?  This started as a sport of individuals. They did just fine.  Go for it, and have a great ride. You may be surprised how easy it is.

Paul N. Sidio
Piper, who carried all our junk, Cavalry Division, for 100 miles at the Old Dominion 100.
Spokane MO