[RC] Kudos to the management at Hornswaggle Hill (NE)! - Patti Stedman

It takes a certain sort of masochistic fool to decide to become a Ride Manager, and a local competitor, Helen Lynn, made that nutty choice by holding a ride at Allegany State Park this past weekend.

She had tons of wonderful help, including the incomparable Buck and Donna Shrader, and the support of her husband, Gary, but still and all, a daunting task.

Mother Nature could not have been more cooperative, with a chilly overnight, and low humidity, clear skies and bright sunshine with a healthy breeze all day.

Good completion rates in both the 50 and the 25.  Not sure who placed where, so I'll save that post for someone else, but wanted to be sure to acknowledge that we've brought another one over to the dark side of successful ride management.  (Successful being defined as a relative lack of crises, mind you, not financial success, as we both had a hearty laugh over the notion of ride management as a lucrative profit-making venture.)

Congratulations to Helen and all who enjoyed the ride!

--Patti

Patti Ann Stedman, CHMM
Proactive Compliance Services Inc.
"A Common Sense Approach to Health, Safety and Environmental Training and Compliance"
716 560 8297