Re: [RC] What's in a Name (was: 'Grand Prix' style, etc.) - SandyDSA

In a message dated 6/24/2007 11:32:13 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, katswig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Not true, all horses on a jumper course are timed, even if they knock
down rails.  If, for no other reason, to determine any time faults, 1/4
fault for each second over the allowed time.
yes they are - but they don't broadcast the time apparently, as we learned a few weeks ago at the Memorial day Open Hunter-Jumper show at LAEC. we had to go ask. When they fill up the top spots for contention at that level, apparently, they don't bother to show or broadcast the other times. But they do TIME them. The only horses who actually pulled up were horses who were just so out of crontol they were a train wreck waiting to happen - and it was rider's discretion.

Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com

See what's free at AOL.com.