[RC] Changing pull codes - Michael Maul

I've just finished talking with Melissa Ribley, DVM, Vet Committee chair at length on changing pull codes after all the gripes on the email lists about the inaccuracies.

It *seemed* like a benign change to allow a pull code to become more severe and that's why it was considered. RO pulls have long been a problem because they are supposed to be for the rider only.

Melissa has long been an advocate of improving the accuracy of our pull codes and written articles in both the Vet Newsletter and EN on this. I'm an engineer who likes to have accuracy in data and if presented with gripes about up to 40% error rates - tries to fix it.

Melissa and I have agreed to the following:

If you have inaccuracies in your pull codes that you would like to see corrected - send them to me and I'll consolidate them.

Melissa will handle contacting the vets involved to see if they can be changed.

Requests should not be from long ago (the 90s) - meaning keep the requests to recent times where the vet still has a chance to remember who you are.

Our point in this is to improve the accuracy of the data we have and to educate riders about correct pull codes and the importance of making sure you have the right pull code at the time you are talking with the vet.

Mike