[RC] Re:Urgent post/Arabian at Auction - Laurie Baker

Thank you to everyone who called and emailed today with Margaret’s number.  With her help, I bid on Shebailys Jamal.  I did not necessarily bid enough to get him myself, unless he goes for the higher meat prices.  I was trying to make sure that he went as a riding horse, not for meat. Since I live in Massachusetts, a long way from Colorado the purchase and transportation arrangements are a little complicated. I have still not heard about the sale, so at this time, I do not know whether or not I own a new horse!  The best scenario is that he goes to a fabulous endurance home in Colorado.  The next best is that I get him and I will have him transported here to Massachusetts.  The worst that will happen, I hope, is that someone will be buying him at a high price to sell to an unknown home.  But I think with the help of Margaret and her friend Alicia, I bid high enough to keep him a riding horse, which was my main concern.  I already have five horses and I am not a dealer, so having an extra one is a serious financial burden for me, but I will happily take him, if he ends up coming my way and he will have an excellent home on my hundred acre farm, until a better one comes along or forever.  (I have never sold a horse, so forever is a good chance.)

Thank you to everyone who helped.  I’ll let you know the outcome as soon as I know!

Laurie Baker

Marshfield, MA