Re: [RC] Number of pulls vs who was pulled - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Beth,

 Back in the old days, we did just that.  We didn't have the fancy pull codes,
but the ride results sent out to the riders were what you are describing...almost.
The results would be a listing of the horses thru the entire ride, times in and out
of VC's, Pulse recorded for that horse, hold time.  It was basically a spreadsheet of
data showing the progress of each horse throughout the ride.  With finishing times,
placings in the last column.  Each riders could then compare their horse's day to
any other horse in the ride.....great fun.

Jody

Beth Walker <bwalker2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Mike. Your post sparked an idea (uh-oh). I see the point in
knowing whether the pulls are evenly distributed or clumped.

However, they way the codes are now, you can only infer this
information based on historical data of the horse/rider team. I
think it would be advantageous to record the placing and/or the time
of the pull.

Example: horse was in 3d place at vet check 2 when he was pulled for
lameness. The placing and in time info should be available from the
in/out timers at the vet checks. If it was recorded on the ride
results, it would support this kind of analysis. Shorthand would be
something like: L - vc2 - 2hrs 20 min, place 3d

If, in addition, each ride manager reported the milage of the vet
checks, you would have some pretty precise information - the milage
traveled, the time taken, place in the pack and the cause of the
pull. Even if the placing information is too much of a bother,
recording the milage and the time of the pull should be easy enough.
I don't think this data is currently reported.