Re: [RC] People and Horse Welfare - Truman Prevatt

Bruce,

I think the proper etiquette (I know some will thing it strange that I comment on proper etiquette ;-) ) is if you don't state your affiliation with and imply it is official, e.g. "as a member board of the Bo Diddly Foundation I would like to comment...." or sign you name with such an implication, e.g., "Buddy Holly, Director of the Bo Diddly Foundation." your comments should be taken as personal and not views of the organization.

Truman

Bruce Weary DC wrote:
Hi Bob--
Thank you for your kind comments. I guess most of the Board would be probably be inclined to agree with the principles I addressed, but I felt a disclaimer was in order as a matter of courtesy. My experience is just beginning as a Board member, but I have known many of the members for years, and have found them to be hard working, earnest people who hold our horses and this sport in the highest regard. Sometimes I stick my neck out in my analysis of human behavior and what drives it, and I wouldn't want to presume to do the thinking for others, but it's interesting to throw some observations out there and see what agreements or disagreements they produce. It's usually not a popular thing to address common human weaknesses, but covering our tracks in endurance riding so as not to look bad puts our horses at risk, and I think increasing awareness and eliminating the stigma associated with post-ride treatment is a worthy and attainable goal. Bruce

--

“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong” Richard Feynman, Nobel Laureate in Physics