Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:18 AM
Subject: [RC] Pull codes

  I'll just share my most recent experience with pull codes. I rode a ride a week & 1/2 ago. When we came in to the first vet check I had not felt anything off with Perle. She pulsed down OK. I went to the vet and heard A and A- mostly. Then I did my trot out and when I got back I heard the vet say C. I assumed on gait. He check her left fore and she had sliced a big chunk off her heel bulb. He told me I could come back for a recheck and kept my card. I went back to my trailer and had a good look at the foot and decided to call it a day. Later when mom went through the check with my young horse I told the vet I wasn't going to go back out. A couple of hours later a volunteer came and asked me if I had pulled. I told them I thought the vet had pulled me and I had told her I wasn't going back out with a C on gait, that she was lame. I told the girl, it didn't really matter to me; if the vet wanted to do it, fine, if not I'd do it as RO-L. When I got my card back after awards. I saw that it was actually a C on wounds and a B+ on gait. I think they officially wrote it down as L pull.

It really doesn't matter to me either way. But technically I wonder what would be the right code. The vet didn't turn it in as a pull, she was just barely off and had a big wound. Would this fall into the category of SF or RO-L or could it fit the bill of RO-SF if there were such a thing? Just curious, like I said doesn't matter to me really.

Katrina