[RC] Easy Foam - Dream Weaver

I have some easy foam I purchased from my dealer last year.  Is is still good to use even though it probably got frozen in my camper last winter?  I worry about it setting up too hard and making my horse's sole sore.  Any ideas of how to apply it to get the boot off easier?  When I used it last year on a two day ride it took 3 days afterwards in dew covered pastures and lots of work from my husband and I and still we had to almost destroy the boot to get it off.  This was the old boots with the nubby soles and no back strap.  I'll be using it with a back strap and the newer boots now and I've always used easy boots over boots in the front for my horse on rocky trails.  Thanks, Kathy Crothers

Kathy - the only way to tell if the foam will still work is to mix up a small amount of it and see what happens.  Take a small spoonful of each and mix together in a disposable cup and see if it foams up.  Extreme cold can affect the viability of the foam.  I've also used foam a lot over the years that has been kept in my barn and trailer so has been frozen, and hot and it still worked, but sometimes not as well.

I'm working on some new updated info on using Easyfoam.  So far I only have part one out of four parts finished that I am going to put together on using the foam.  Here are some additional tips in the meantime.   Here is an article I did for Endurance News a few years ago.

Karen