[RC] Tie up, massage or not? - sherman

Hmmm, my vet doesn’t specialin muscle disorders, and he thought massage might be the only thing we could do to help, other than bute and hand walking if she’s not self exercising in the pasture. So, do we stop the massage then? Or is it okay to do now, a day later? Is there a time when we should start massage if not now?

Kathy

Shadow's tie-up. I
her muscles are still a bit hard, we're massaging to try to help

I am not a Vet nor do I play one on TV. But, when I had a IcePony who
tied up, I was told by Dr. Valberg from U of MN, do not use massage
during a episode, as doing that would break down the muscle tissue.
Anwyho....just wanted to share what I was told.

Dr. Valberg BTW is a expert in muscle disorders and was my horse's Vet.

Raven