RE: [RC] Yellow jackets in hay - Katrina Mosshammer

I don't what kind of trap you have but OFF has just started making a yellow jacket trap. I haven't ever tried it, but it might be worth a try if that is not what you are already using. Good luck.
Katrina

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of sherman
Sent: June 13, 2007 3:08 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Yellow jackets in hay

While trying to deal with our mare, I was chased out of our barn by yellow jackets last night. Seems they’ve taken up residency in our hay. We were able to remove a small nest late last night, but only about 10 of them were in it, and today we see there are more buzzing around. We don’t want to spray anything that would ruin the hay and we don’t know how far into the hay they’ve gone. Does anyone have any knowledge about a safe way to lure them out & trap them? I did set out a trap with the attractant in it, right near “their” hay, hanging from a bucket handle, but so far, they seem to have no interest in it other than to make sure it’s not a danger to them.

Kathy