[RC] OT, vet question/heartworm meds - Tx Trigger

Texas has many cases of rabies each year. Last year alone, our own county had 9 confirmed cases, 8 of which were skunks. Of course this is only from those animals that had their head removed, sent in, and tested. We always have the news looking for "puppies given away at the Wal-Mart parking lot" that were exposed to rabies.

We took our dog in for her annual heartguard renewal, and had a blood work up done. She was clear of heart worms, but had something caused by tick bites, that took a three week run of antibiotics to clear it up. Mosquitoes are horrible this year with all the rain, as are ticks. The Frontline helps keep the ticks off, the heartguard protects her from heartworms, and the rabies vaccination keeps her head on.... I'd hate to have to put one of my animals down, and have it's head sent to the lab because it was suspected as being a rabies carrier. I don't call these items poison. I call it saving their lives...... But each of us has to do what we feel is best for OUR own animals.

Jonni in TX (same town as Amber)